Interested in joining the COA team?
We are currently accepting applications for a Membership Services and Engagement Manager.
Member Services and Engagement Manager
Seeking a motivated team member to be responsible for a wide range of membership programs, initiatives and support for a professional association representing more than 700 optometrists in Colorado. Responsibilities include membership sales, support, services, and engagement of members. Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills, attention to detail, ease with multi-tasking, and excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Core team member of the Colorado Optometric Association responsible for engaging and retaining members by providing support, new and ongoing services, and information and tools so members can provide the best possible care to their patients. Engages with volunteers within the organization including committee members and the Keyperson network.
- Develop, grow, and support all aspects of association members meeting or exceeding operational goals for membership recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Respond via email and phone to member requests for information, serving as a knowledgeable, valuable, concise resource.
- Ensure accuracy of information and manage COA databases including membership and policy platforms.
- Work with staff and committees to develop a marketing plan for membership growth.
- Manage budget for membership dues and programs.
- Gather and track information and announcements from state regulatory agencies to share with appropriate leaders of the organization.
- Assist with the District Captain and Keyperson network of statewide volunteer advocates to include database management, recruitment, and retention of individuals.
- Perform internal research, data collection and communications projects to advance the COA and optometric strategic objectives.
- Contribute written membership features for association’s newsletter and e-magazine.
- Assist with special projects and other regular administrative functions for staff across the organization on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major preferred in marketing, communications, non-profit management, public policy, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience preferably in nonprofit management, marketing, customer service or similar field.
- High level of interpersonal skills. Ability to build, manage and sustain relationships with internal staff, donors, board members, volunteers, and stakeholders through professional, effective, and timely communication.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to write reports and articles, present information and respond to questions from peers, supervisors, volunteers, and the public.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite products; experience with Fiscal Note and CRM platforms a plus.
- Some evening meetings, travel and weekends will be required. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a criminal background check prior to hiring.
- Association experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, vision care stipend, paid holidays, vacation, 401K match. Annual salary range is $65,000-$75,000.
Hybrid office in downtown Denver close to light rail stop.
How To Apply:
Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to email@example.com by Friday, October 20, 2023. No phone calls please.