Join 2020 Eyes Colorado
The Colorado Optometric Association (COA) has declared 2020 The Year of Eye Health.
We need YOU...
The Colorado Optometric Association (COA) has declared 2020 The Year of Eye Health. We are launching the eye health movement #2020EyesColorado to educate, advocate, and motivate the public to visit their local optometrist for a comprehensive eye exam in 2020 and beyond.
Why is #2020EyesColorado Important?
Colorado is home to 5.77 million people with 47% of the population not participating in annual eye exams. We know this absence of eye exam participation is mainly due to a lack of eye health education and a statewide misunderstanding of optometry. NOW is the time to educate the Colorado public on the importance of eye health and the significance of an annual eye exam to prevent vision and health challenges.
Keep an eye out for 2020 campaign information throughout the year as we will be sending additional tools and updates. We are excited to lead this 2020 campaign and partner with COA members like you to improve eye health and eye health awareness in Colorado.
We're Making an Impact in 2020...
- Monthly Eye Health Topics Each month we will be spreading awareness on a different eye health topic. We invite COA members to create videos or blog articles on each monthly topic and share through social media.
- Employer Eye Health Pledge COA is partnering with the American Optometric Association and their Employer Pledge initiative to inspire companies to put employee eye health first by encouraging employees to get a comprehensive eye exam in 2020.
- Youth Art Contest The youth art contest will encourage Colorado students grades 1-12 to value their eyes as they submit their artwork on the subject of A Beautiful Sight. Three winners will be selected and in addition to a winner prizes a donation will be made to the winner's school. The competition deadline is TBA.
- Stories of Optometrist Impact COA will be collecting and sharing inspiring stories of optometry improving quality of life and preventing vision challenges. At the end of the year everyone who submitted a story will have a chance to win a $1,000 prize.
- Monthly Contests on Social Media Each month we will be holding a contest on social media where the Colorado public can enter to win a monthly prize. Visit the 2020 Colorado Eyes social media pages for more information beginning in January!
- The Eyeball Tour in 2020 - Paused due to COVID-19.